"Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18 NASB
In this post I'm giving the command to give thanks some thought, this includes the why and the what of giving thanks/being thankful.
- God has commanded us to do so
- It glorifies God
- Not only is it commanded for us to do, but we should give thanks because in ALL things God is glorifying Himself, therefore we should be thankful because He is glorifying Himself.
- for God himself
- material possesions
- the Gospel
- for allowing us to live
- for allowing/causing us to enjoy Him, life, etc.
- for justifying, sanctifying, and one day glorifying us
- for good times and bad times
In Christ, Aaron